Tuesday

Oh my gawd, reality, yet again

"aila re ladki mast...". I heard this audio and I see a person looking like Vinod Kambli randomly swinging his barrel tummy and arms, much like having a fit alongside a skimpily dressed beautiful broad. After a few seconds into witnessing the horror unfold, I realized this was "one more" of the reality shows thats crowding channels breaching all linguistic barriers. The channel responsible for the attrocity of asking Kambli to dance (and with a damsel who seemed capable of performing trapeze) is colors, also broadcasting "Big Boss".

I managed to survive the performance of Kambli, firstly because I really wanted to see the "points" scored after a performance that I, who am terrible at dance, could out do blindfolded and secondly, see the unfortunate judges had to not just endure the performance, but also provide their valuable comments.

Turns out that one of the judges is Wasim Akram, the legend of toe-crushing yorkers, the sultan of swing. I recall that until recently, he still had his job on ESPN-Star as a commentator which I thought, he was doing a fair job. The other is the "dazzling beauty" Sushmita Sen, who was definitely not looking herself. Maybe the occasion or probably Olay, doesnt seem to fighting the 7 effects of aging.

Just as I was wondering why such an "odd" pair was chosen as judges, the next pair walks on stage and voila, enter Irfan Pathan! Didnt he have a bowling spot. I was shocked and continued to watching trying to force myself not to believe what I was seeing. The rest of the participants included Dinesh Karthik, Harbhajan, Nikhil Chopra (really!) and of course, couldn't leave Sreesanth out of this.

I kind of understand the inclusion of Kambli & Chopra, who have pretty much lost the fizz of their career, but, the rest of the gang, oh really, is there no limit! Irfan Pathan seemed like he was asked to swallow a cricket bat, extremely uptight. Even the post-dance conversation with the judges seemed like a post match presentation, so much so that he actually said, "I could not perform to my potential as I had a slight injury. Not an injury as such, a niggle actually". God save these guys.

I wonder when our hockey stars are going to begin their protest because they dont get the chance to dance and get cozy with the damsels. But you guys on this show 'Ek Khiladi, Ek Haseena', think you guys better get ready for some nasty jokes, especially if you're going to goof up a forthcoming series.

2 comments:

Sugar said...

applause!!applause!!!fantastic! as usual!

hven said...

Arigato!