Tuesday

Jurassic Park Revisited

On the 3 rd of September, I blogged on being in the Jurassic Park...
In case you need to refresh what the Jurassic Park was about, don't use F5, the link works...


"Did you study in NPS?". The question that posed before emanated from a friend of my aunt. Although, at times I do feel like running away from the question in denial, I cant deny that having been educated at National Public School has its benefits. It leaves those who didn't manage to get it fervently admiring your achievement. I think the only achievement I've had at that place was to survive the whole ordeal.

Anyways, the purpose of writing this piece was not to criticize the school and its ways because at the end of it all, I know its done me more good than bad. So bless 'em all!

Getting back to the question posed, I acknowledged my education with a nod. The reason the lady had asked me this was to know if it would be "good" to enroll her child there for the Montessary. Well, almost unwillingly, but because of the truth and not wanting to let the place down, I accepted and propagated the ultimate truth (which was kinda bitter) that NPS was indeed a place for the finest education that one can expect.

The dinosaur was whipping its tail, yet again as the ground shook and the skies were filled with the dust from all the thrashing. People asking me if the school was good! God, I felt old. The worst part was getting an apparent jealous statement that my kids wouldnt have a problem getting in. What was this woman thinking!! I'm close to 25, not in a serious relationship and she talks of kids! Gawd the tail took a swipe at me....

This too wasnt the shocker. Next came the discussion of the syllabus at the montessary level. Oh yes, this is my favorite topic for tea time conversations (In case you missed out, thats sarcasm staring you in the face!). Guess my electrical engineering degree helped me sustain the shocks one after the other considering I had a couple of nasty shocks(real ones, in the sense, they are more physical than these) in the labs.

Well, this ones going to be a shocker. Apparently, they started exploring basics of geometry in montessary. By "basics" I am not referring to the idea of a triangle having three sides. I am referring to the pythogoras theorem. Oh yes, really. And if the kid gets that, good for the kid. They even attempt square roots. What in the name of satan are they doing? Manufacturing 5 year old Newtons??

At this point for the first time, I was happy to be in Jurassic Park. I was happy to have been born earlier, for having had what can now be concluded as "sane" years in schooling, a "normal" life...The dinosaur's even smiling now...Thats the silver lining in the cloud of dust...

1 comment:

Sugar said...

totally! i'm completely ok with being called aunty!thank the lord!

coming to think of it, I think even God's production kinda advances with technology. wow!!!